Sunday, July 1, 2007

Dingle is it...

Actually it's Ballyferriter where I'm living. Dingle is a 20 minute, 15 euro (one-way!) taxi ride...so I won't be in town too much. Ballyferriter has really all you need: a small, way over priced shop, a Post, and 4 pubs. The views from my back door are absolutely spectacular. (Sonny, I'll take your advice on the program to upload some more pics)

I'm living with Connor McQuire, a nice guy from Limerick, who will be here with me for the next three weeks or so. He's a student on summer break working as an intern, like myself. He's only 22...and has been in the house by himself the past few weeks, so he decided to invite his 7 closest mates up for the weekend. Let's just say there were some crazy bongo sessions, lots of off-key singing and plenty of Bavaria imbibed (that's basically the Dutch version of PBR). If they had can deposits like we do the States, Connor and I would cash in this morning!

The crew of them went up to the Aquarium today...I passed up the offer, to walk around Dingle a bit, get some laundry detergent, toilet paper, and of course...hit the Internet cafe. I'm unsure if I will have access to a computer at the pottery studio, so my next post may not be for a few weeks once I return up north to Galway. I'll find out soon enough, as my first day is tomorrow!

Pretty excited to get my hands on some clay and meet the production artists. I wonder how different it'll be from good ol' River Street potters??!!

No comments: