Monday, June 25, 2007

I crashed a stag party

Yup, sure did. Headed out out last night to Richardson's pub, one of the few places that seemed a bit mellow for Saturday night. I sure as hell was wrong. A rowdy crew of "Dubs" (Dubliners) celebrating a stay party invited me over to the table, told me I had the face of Drew Barrymore (clearly they had a few more pints than myself) and took me under their wings for the night. A crew of guys ranged from 22 -61...we had a wee bit of craic. No, no...not crack, as in sticking a rock in a pipe and smoking it. The irish use the term craic to describe a fun evening with laughs, and typically a lot of beer consumption. Anyway, good to know I've friends now on the Eastcoast to visit.

Still trekking around Galway city. As the days pass, I find myself loving it more and more. Don't get me wrong, I am most definitely looking forward to spending a month in the country and making some pots, but the pulse is here is pretty incredible.

Made some new friends at the hostel...two lovey ladies, one from Norway and the other from Australia. We just went out for quick pint, and being the three most sober people in the pub, decided a sociological study was a must. More on that later...

Also met up with Tristan, my fellow blogging American , at the Crane today for my first real trad Irish session. Incredible musicians. Really. It's amazing to see such a motley crew of new people sit around a table with pints of Guinness and make music that sounds like they've been playing for decades. I've promised myself that getting up and dancing a reel is an order! It'll happen...I have no doubts.

Fe and I (my hostel roommate from Australia) will head out to the Burren and the Cliffs of Moher tomorrow with a bus crew. I've been before, but 6 years seems so long ago. I promise some pics will be uploaded soon!

No comments: