Saturday, June 23, 2007

Day 3 here in Eire

Settling in. A bit overwhelmed, I won't lie. I have to keep reminding myself that I'm coming from a town of 7500 with only 5 bars or so...this place feels like New York City. Plus, I have mom to thank for my incredible sense of direction (being completely facetious)!

Have a great single room at the Sleepzone hostel in Galway...then it's off to the 6-bed female bunks for the next 5 nights. Erica and Kambria headed off to Holland sans Meaghan at 3:30 this morning. As much as it killed me to pass up a trip to Amsterdam, I thought I'd get myself reacquainted here in Erye Square.

Last night we took the bus out to Salthill...the location of The Bal, the pub that I could be "working" at when I return from Dingle. It's quite the pub. Built just two years ago, it's got quite a swanky feel to it. It's 4 floors high, with some great local musicians in Thur-Sun and very friendly, easy-on-the-eyes bartenders. It's right on Galway Bay, which makes it a huge spot during the summer months here.

Where oh where to have my Saturday night pint(s)??

No comments: