Sunday, August 12, 2007

Rootical Sound System

...was the name of the reggae group I went to see last night. It's like the cosmos knew exactly what I needed. I felt like I was back in Vermont...free flowing skirts, heads of dreads, the scent of patchouli in the air. It was just perfect. My soul needed it, you know?

After several days of interviews, it looks like without the work visa, no work will be happening. Even the pub connection I had said he could be fined 10,000 euros and be put in jail if "they" were to find an illegal worker. Things have a funny way of working out. Luckily I have been pretty tight with my summer teaching money, so all is well. Jess, my friend from VT, will be coming over on the 6th of September and staying until the 20th (my original departure date). The plan is to get a longterm car rental and trek about for 2 weeks or so. It will be great, as I have yet to see a lot of the midlands as well as the east coast. A stop back up the Antrim coast is a must. So I continue to take it day by day here. Many day trips on my own...as well as evenings out with some new friends and acquaintances.

We're off to the Roisin Dubh for another reggae show tonight -- both Sandy and Patrick have the day off so it'll be good to have some housemate bonding time.

1 comment:

Sonny Cloward said...

Hey Babe...still reading...still enjoying living vicariously. Hope you are well.